Friday, July 2, 2010

The Final Countdown

In the previous post I said there were literally a hundred songs or bands I could think of and I wanted to see if there, literally, were. Since I did it by bands or songs in particular in the other post, I'll do the same for the list. I'm allowed repeats of bands but I'll give myself a limit of two. I'm not sleepy but I'm not awake enough to write the explanations so if you're dying to know you can ask. I'll specify if I mean song or video. In no particular order other than what popped up in my head and deserves a spot:

1) Iron Maiden- Blood Brothers, song
2) Bon Jovi- Something For the Pain, song
3) Jon Bon Jovi (solo) - Destination Anywhere
4) Motley Crue - Rock 'n' Roll Junkie, song
5) Alice Cooper - Give the Kid A Break, song
6) Alice Cooper - Poison, video
7) Faster Pussycat - Bathroom Wall, video
8) Faster Pussycat - Cathouse (remixed), song
9) Twisted Sister- We're Not Gonna Take It, video
10) Turisas - Battle Metal, song
11) Tyr - Hail to the Hammer, song
12) Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf, video/song
13) The Darkness - Growing On Me, video/song
14) Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love?, song
15) Van Halen - Hot For Teacher, video
16) Gun 'n' Roses - Don't Cry, video
17) Megadeth - Motorcycle, video
18) Def Leppard - Animal, song
19) Tarkan - Gül Döktüm Yollarına, song
20) Tarkan - Hüp, video/song
21) Misfits - Hybrid Moments
22) Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance, song
23) In Flames - Man-Made God, song
24) Dark Tranquility - Ex Nihilo, song
25) 69 Eyes - Perfect Skin, video/song
26) Hellacopters - Take Me On, song
27) Wig Wam - Do Ya Wanna Taste It?, song
28) Yalın - Küçücüğüm, song
29) Redd - Falan, Filan, song
30) Kargo - Yıldızların Altında, song/video
31) Teoman - Paramparça, sng
32) Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead, song
33) Ramones - My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down, song
34) Motörhead - Ace of Spades, live on The Young Ones*
35) Judas Priest - Living After Midnight, song
36) Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana, video/song
37) Madonna - Like a Prayer (I can't believe it took me until 37 to think of it), video/song
38) Madonna - Ray of Light, song
39) Nightwish - Nemo, video
40) The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian, song
41) Suede - Film Star, song
42) Supergrass - Time, song
43) T. Rex - Mambo Sun, song
44) David Bowie - Blue Jean, video/song
45) David Bowie - Rock 'n' Roll Suicide, song
46) Meat Loaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That), video
47) Sweet - Fox on the Run, song
48) Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah), song
49) Luxury - These Days, song
50) Crash Kelly - She Gets Away, song
51) Scorpions - Every Minute Every Day, song
52) KISS - Shout It Out Loud, song
53) L.A. Guns - Beautiful, song
54) Ratt - Heads I Win, Tails You Lose, song
55) Ratt - Round and Round, video
56) Lordi - Blood Red Sandman, video/song
57) Wicked Sensation - Rain On Me, song
58) Mustafa Sandal - Beni Ağlatma, song
59) Duman - Bu Akşam, song
60) Haddaway - What is Love, song
61) INXS - Disappear, video/song
62) The Poodles - Flesh and Blood, song
63) Prince - Peach, song
64) Prince - Raspberry Beret, song
65) Elvis Presley - (You're the) Devil In Disguise, song
66) Enuff Z'Nuff - So Sad to See You, song
67) Skid Row - 18 and Life, video
68) Queen - I Want to Break Free, video/song
69) Accept - Balls to the Walls, video/song
70) Rolling Stones - Anybody Seen My Baby, video
71) Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face, song
72) Spice Girls - If You Wanna be My Lover, video
73) Slade - Gudbye T'Jane, song
74) Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel the Noise, song
75) Gogol Bordello - Wanderlust King, song
76) Various Artists - Chori, Chori Gori Se, song
78) The Wildhearts - Vanilla Radio, song
79) Backyard Babies - Electric Suzy, song
80) Hardcore Superstar - Shame, video
81) ABBA - Knowing Me, Knowing You, song
82) Annie Lennox - Little Bird, song
83) Kurban - Cennet, song
84) Dio - I Could've Been a Dreamer, song
85) Dio - Rock'n'Roll Children, video
86) Beatles - Help!, song (and movie)
87) Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin, song/video
88) Freddie Mercury - Living On My Own, song
89) Billy Idol - Cradle of Love, video/song
90) Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls, video
91) Journey - Don't Stop Believing, song
92) Blondie - Call, video/song
93) Eluveite - Gray Sublime Archon, song
94) The Cult - Fire Woman, song/video
95) Bloodlights - One Eye Open, song
96) Sukhwinder Singh & Sapna Awasthi - Chaiyya Chaiyya, song
97) Iggy Pop - Lust For Life, video
98) Iggy Pop - The Passenger, song
99) Thin Lizzy - Waiting For An Alibi, song
100) The Muppet Show/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Beetlejuice/Ducktales/Chipmunks/Jem and the Holograms - Theme Song*

I might not have pretentious, obscure bands that no one has heard of but there it is. I think I just summed up 24 years of Leyla in 100 songs and videos (repeating bands no more than twice).

* Does this count? Judge rules: it counts.

1 comment:

  1. Bunlardan bir cd yapıp dinleyeceğim! Madem sen seçtin! :) Bu arada saçımı beğenmene sevindim! Çok sağol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails