Thursday, June 24, 2010

Like a Muse Part 5: M.I.A

Meh. Yeah meh. I couldn't care less about her politics or her opinions and I'm not a fan of her music beyond the intro. to "Paper Planes," but I think M.I.A., Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam, is absolutely gorgeous. I think it was a picture of her that half-inspired me to get white streaks in my dark hair and I think she has such an off-beat, weird sense of style that fails almost as much as it works but still. Any time she appears in the media, I take a moment to read the article and pore over the pictures. She has this sort of magnetism that draws me to her. It's odd, I seriously don't care for her music or her views (her father was a Tamil Tiger and well, I have certain issues with guerilla groups like that), but if an article featuring her pops up in my daily readings, I will read it and admire the pictures every single time. She's one of the most beautiful "famous people" we hear about these days and that's partly because she's so different looking. Granted, there are probably millions of girls like her in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc but she's the face that we see and it's refreshing because honestly, who gives a fuck about Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow and other boring blondes? I sincerely don't.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails