Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Like a Muse Part 3: Mötley Crüe

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

They're just so cool! As you know, I love me some hair metal. Sometimes hair metal gets a bad rep. Screw it, Mötley Crüe are hair metal, they're the originators of hair metal and they're the kings of badassery. Well, they used to be. They've grown up some but they pretty much epitomize sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll and I'm just a sucker for bad boy heavy metal. I have a copy of The Dirt in Istanbul and another in Boston so I can never be too far away from written proof of their antics and they're just, they're my boys. Without them I would never be the person I am today. Maybe that's taking it too far but my music taste wouldn't be anyway. I went to the only Mötley Crüe concert I've ever attended alone because my friend backed out at the last minute and everyone else was out of town but I went just because I had to, it was Mötley Crüefor crying out loud! It was amazing. It was one of those shows where they were just on the entire time and played all my favorites as well as all the classics. I might not be the biggest fan of the individual members (except for Mick Mars whom I think has put up with a lot of shit and still seems to be the same, easy-natured dude), I think Tommy Lee is rather dumb, harmless but dumb like a puppy, and Vince Neil seems like an ass and Nikki Sixx used to be among my gods but now is kind of a try-hard but the band itself and their music will always be there for me to come back to. I'd like to leave you with a couple of my favorite songs but son of bitch youtube doesn't work in Turkey so here are pictures until I get back to a less hypocritical country.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails