Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Like a Muse Part 2: Pamela Des Barres and Zooey Deschanel

I keep mentioning her and I felt it was appropriate to feature Miss Pamela next. She was just a little California girl who fell in love with the Beatles, then the Rolling Stones, went off to LA, became Frank Zappa's kids' babysitter and together with his help formed an all girl/all groupie band called the GTOs. She's starred in some movies, dated Jimmy Page, had he heart broken by Jimmy Page, lived in London, came back married her fairy tale prince (British) rock god, divorced him, and is now a successful writer. The character of Penny Lane in Almost Famous is mostly based on her which is funny because a small but pivotal role in that movie was that of the protagonist's older sister, played by Zooey Deschanel. That's when I first noticed her and thought she was absolutely fantastic and beautiful and I'm kind of smug I noticed her before she became the indie princess she is today. Apparently, HBO is adapting Pamela Des Barre's book, "I'm With the Band," into a miniseries starring, yep Zooey Deschanel. I'm secretly thrilled because that's the book that started it all for me but I'm also a little heartbroken because I've always wanted to adapt it into a script and even started to in grad school. Oh well. Here's both ladies because I absolutely love their styles and just the pure energy they give off in every shot. Being a brunette, I've always favored dark haired ladies because I feel we hold a certain upper hand in the mysterious, gorgeous looks department, but I may be biased. However, Zooey is a great example of this and even Miss Pamela looks amazing dark. Sorry blondes, your looks can too easily slip into boring or plain or bland or any other adjective that is the absolute kiss of death when it comes to standing out. Pamela Des Barres is one of the very few that gets away with it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails