Monday, October 18, 2010

When we crack this mountain, all hell is going to break loose. And my undies.

I admit, I enjoy Lady Gaga but I love this quote of hers.

"When you listen to a song like 'LoveGame', is it communicating my soul to you? No... I make soulless electronic pop. But when you're on ecstasy in a nightclub grinding up against someone and my music comes on, you'll feel soul."

How can you not like her? Come on!


Another good weekend with good friends. And kitties! I think if I was left alone with a bunch of cats for any amount of time, I would come out the happiest girl ever. I went to a therapist for a while and stopped because he annoyed me by repeating everything I said and nodding his head like an epileptic parrot. Plus he gave me the drugs, and that's pretty much all I needed to start feeling like me again. I haven't taken them in over 6 months though, yay me! Anyway, if I'd just spent that money in a room with cats and kittens all purring and rolling around on me, I probably would've been "cured" a lot faster.

My friend's kitties are getting better. They were running around and jumping and loving everyone last night. Big, big improvement from being all sad and sickly the last couple weeks. We also watched, How to Train Your Dragon. Man, that is one of the best movies of all time. Definitely one of the top animated movies. The details (especially on the characters' clothes and the dragons' scales and skin, and not to sound too gross but the arm hair! Every freckle and hair and blotchiness was so realistic and so well-done!) and characters are just wonderful. I mean, the main girl is kind of obnoxious and does do the dedicate-each-punch-to-something thing that my friend first pointed out to me, which I tire of. It's when a girl character is really badass but every time she hits or punches anyone or anything, she has to say, "And this is for (insert reason/person/assumption about her badassness). It's something that pisses of my good friend to no end and it's caught on to me and it's just like come on! You're pretty great and there aren't that many kick-ass female characters (no there aren't. There are awesome ones, and funny ones, and endearing ones, but besides, like, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, can YOU make a list of ass-kicking femmes? I will soon, but it's Sunday and I don't want to make my brain think) do you have to ruin it with that simpering line? But other than that, she's pretty good and the main guy is dorkily endearing to us girls with soft spots for nerds and the dragons! Okay, I know I have a habit of seeing my Egg in any animal on-screen but even Elliot agreed that Toothless, the main dragon, was pretty much Egglet. Right down to the love of food and barfing on command.

I raved about it when I first saw it on a plane and had to silently freak out in joy as to not wake the other passengers and it's still worth all the hoopla. Elliot adored it too. You must watch it.

Other than that, I cast my mom's co-workers as members of The Muppet Show (she's Miss Piggy), got a pretty interesting book even though it's won the Pulitzer ("Hell" by Robert Olen Butler) which generally goes to books I find boring, and I was asked by some Turkish reporter for a few words about my, "work" and photo. Uhh what? My mom asked around about him and we figured out how he got my name, but I sent a message politely declining. They can write about me after I sell a script or publish a book. Wishful thinking? Yes.

Look at the cute dragon, look!


Pictures I can't stop looking at because I don't have enough words to make a proper post. I'm going to go make chicken fajitas for me and Elliot. It's finally cold out and we've been having such nice evenings comfily watching movies on the couch while Egg sprawls and snores in between us. I like my little Boston family a lot.









I need this ring in my life.





I might have to get this shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails