Monday, May 17, 2010

Rock'n'Roll Children


Ronnie James Dio of Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and of course, Dio, died today. He'd been battling stomach cancer for a while and he died peacefully in the hospital after getting to say good-bye to his loved ones. I never saw him in concert but he was on my top 5 to see live before I died list. In every interview I've read with him and every clip I've seen of him on TV, he came across as the kindest, sweetest man who just loved metal and loved to perform. He was always so well-spoken and charming and I really would've loved to meet him or at least attended a concert. Here's one of his songs that though cheesy, has always inspired me and made me smile especially on walks home from school when I'd just be in a foul mood. Embedding is disabled on the actual video but it's on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails